Who has the toughest job in the tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
Well, I think is the driver, needing to drive at snail pace for over 5 hrs almost everyday. The mechanic may come a close second but at least he can still doze off.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Probably the litter crews.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Sean Kelly was saying on ES commentary the other day that he had no interest in taking up any kind of DS or support role purely because having tagged along on a couple, he found it the most boring job going! Apparently the worst one is following a man in a breakaway as timing your own nature stops are a nightmare.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
The team mechanics for sure....Up really late at night cleaning and preparing all the bikes, a short sleep, then into the cars the next day in the back with all the wheels and tools.....rinse and repeat for 21 days. They don't even get to sit down with the rest of the team for dinner, but get left overs brought out to them as they are working.

Skipper

ME! So much to do round the house. So nice outside that I don't want to be indoors watching the box. The pain of wondering if the peleton will catch, if Bradley will fall, if Cadel is past it? It's pretty tough being a spectator ..........

Top Bottom