Who knows about rats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My grandad in Ireland used to take us rat shooting at the local rubbish tip and rabbit hunting with his Jack Russell when we went over for holidays as a kid :wacko:

My kids just haven't had holidays like that :biggrin:

bobg

Über Member
My daughter has two. Sweet little things till they ate their way into her £900 leather couch.

Arch

Married to Night Train
There was a TV show recently about some pest controllers, and they used a Jack Russell - very quick, and very effective, if he caught the thing - instant neck snap.

But I agree, they do very nicely, and I'm sure they think if only we could control those blooming humans a bit...

wafflycat

Firstly - are you sure it's a rat and not a 'Ratty' - that is a water vole? Rats are vermin and Ratty is our rarest native mammal.

If it's a Ratty - do not kill it under any circumstances - it's a protected species and rightly so. If it's a rat, then call in the local council.

Sambu

They wern't tryin to save them they were trying to eat them! orrible things ive been killing several a week at my girlfriends farm for months, and they have 8 cats! they best remedy is a few well placed traps or some terriers and an old chainsaw! i did flush some out of holes around a pond by shoving a hose down them, sent them scurrying to the dogs!

Top Bottom