Who wants to see me being nearly reversed into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution.

FeistySquirrel

Professional Jelly Baby Decapitator
:laugh: That's why use don't go close and in the centre of the vans behind where, chances are, it's a blind spot and he can't see you.

Yes, he should of wondered where you was after he over took you and you didn't appear after he stopped. And he should of stopped when you was at the side... Guess he doesn't need to check his mirrors he's so good :crazy:

Glad the outcome wasn't worse.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I had that happen to me. Just left my drive and headed out. A van stopped in the middle of the road - cars parked each side. He was collecting a child from a Halloween party - it was dark! Instead of then driving forwards to turn around he decided to reverse up the road. I just got onto the pavement in time, though I think he clipped my rear light.

As he was collecting a child there were potentially others running around either from the party or 'trick or treating'.

GrasB

Veteran
That's a 50/50 in my opinion. Getting close to a vehicle without back or with heavily tinted windows isn't a great idea but the driver should have been aware of you behind him & that you'd disappeared from his view.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
[QUOTE 3188093, member: 30090"]A few things to note:

1) Don't pull up so close to the vehicle in front, especially one with no rear windscreen.
2) Read the road better regarding buses and residential streets, where a van stops, a bike will 99.99% go.
3) You need a NSFW warning because of the swearing.
4) Don't take the Lord's name in vain.
[/QUOTE]

I've had enough of your posts.
Why do you feel the need to be so deeply unpleasant all the time? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Can I ask why you didnt just go up on the pavement at the point you saw the reverse lights coming on?

I was hoping he would stop when he heard me shout. When that was not forthcoming, that's when I jumped onto the pavement.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
So yeah, in retrospect I should have stopped where I was visible in the mirrors, but I wasn't expecting him to reverse for the bus.

Still a crap bit of driving by him though.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Hmmm - I was driving a hire van this week. A mistake, yes - but oh, so easily made. They are horrible things to reverse - you're flicking your eyes from one mirror to the other, and not a hope of seeing a cyclist in the middle.

Point taken, but the driver knew he was there (unless he/she has the memory of a goldfish).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom