Who would have been to blame in this case I Wonder ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If he's turning into his own private drive, if I were him I'd simply install a concave mirror on it.
Its not his drive.............its the wide beginning of a drive that people (rudely IMO) park in so as to walk their dogs around the adjacent land......there is absolutely no parking space near this point.
What road markings are there on the bend? Double white lines, hazard lines or none?
I drove it again yesterday (which I do at least twice a week).
There are no marking/lines/double whites on the road.
There are adequate warnings of a bend (on posts) before it......2 each way.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Reactions: mjr

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Hard to be sure from the Streetview, but trying to get into that driveway from the opposite side of the road, on that bend, doesn't strike me as a very clever thing to do.

Why? You'd have a clear view of oncoming traffic - if you turn your head....

To be fair, I'm not sure you would - the Google Street view camera is significantly elevated in comparison to a car, I think the verge would block your view somewhat.

Anyway back to the OP - there would be an argument and god knows which insurance company would win.

Car with priority should be able to stop in the distance they can see to be clear - so if the turning car was already across them when they came into view, they should stop. If they can't, they are at fault.

Common sense aside - they are always going to claim the car "just turned in front of them", and it'll be difficult to prove otherwise.

Top Bottom