Who would you take with you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs has been to garden party quite a few years ago now. I wasnt invited LOL.

Nobody I would take apart from family. That could be interesting choosing though :ohmy:

JoshM

Surely it would depend why I was meeting her? If it was a casual, going to be in the same place and will cross path kind of thing I think I'd invite people who would appreciate it. My Grandmother would be one, my friend Allan probably a second. However if it was a more formal 'recognising something I've done' kind of thing, I think I'd want people who helped me to achieve whatever I was being recognised for. After all I don't live in an isolated bubble.

Mrs has been to garden party quite a few years ago now. I wasnt invited LOL.

Nobody I would take apart from family. That could be interesting choosing though :ohmy:

Similar

MiL went with the Wife

MiL spent 2 or 3 minutes talking to Charles, who was brilliant with her

Me, I took the opportunity to visit a few sights and hostelries

MikeG

Guru
I've met her already, a couple of times. It was an underwhelming experience which I wouldn't bother repeating, and I certainly wouldn't inflict it on 3 other people.

Mrs M

Guru
She uses Clarins stuff*.

And Phil told me to 'fek orf' (actually it was to 'bugger off') once.
Thanks for the info.

*in case you're wondering how I know this, during the Brexit debate some Leave moron was banging on about how the Queen was forced to give Royal Warrants to European companies like Clarins rather than British companies...

Milzy

Guru
Ian UK, User and classic 33

Levo-Lon

Guru
I wouldn't be intrested as i hate celebrity or anything that causes people to act like twats..

Id give the invite to them that need it

PaulB

Legendary Member
Other way round with me since I'm hoping to be the one my wife chooses to take with her when she goes to actually meet the Queen in the next few weeks.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

A month ago my sister in law (staunch royalist) was proposed to by her Marine commander other half at a garden party in Buck House. After being dumped unceremoniously by her then husband 5 years ago she is now living the high life. I'm glad she's so happy. I'd let them have the tickets.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
So let's use our imagination a bit and pretend we have just received an invitation to meet the Queen , where you and your 3 guests will be allowed to spend a total of 5 minutes talking to HRH about anything .

So who would you take ?

My 3 would be the other half, my mother and .
Can i sell the tickets on Ebay, Why would you want to meet her?

Top Bottom