Who wrote this, and about what?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"In 1941, Sir Winston Churchill asked America to join Britain in a struggle to protect democracy. We joined you and together we triumphed. Now, 45 years later, I am calling upon you to help me with a difficult struggle in which we are both engaged. The fighting is tough, the slogging is slow, and the resistance is stiff. In the spirit of Anglo-American cooperation, will you join us and lend a hand?"

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
in 1986?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Hate American crossroads, they are death traps- only an idiot can't use a roundabout. Sadly most people in the UK drive too fast onto and around them so other people joining have to stop rather slow to join which prevents the flow of traffic on, round and off so that one idiot stops everyone...

Fewer people appear to know how to indicate on roundabouts anymore which builds up frustration when people don't indicate right in the UK or left in Europe and the US when turning right/left off the main road forcing people to stop suddenly, breaking the flow of traffic again.

Slick

Guru
Hate American crossroads, they are death traps- only an idiot can't use a roundabout. Sadly most people in the UK drive too fast onto and around them so other people joining have to stop rather slow to join which prevents the flow of traffic on, round and off so that one idiot stops everyone...

Fewer people appear to know how to indicate on roundabouts anymore which builds up frustration when people don't indicate right in the UK or left in Europe and the US when turning right/left off the main road forcing people to stop suddenly, breaking the flow of traffic again.
I don't mind the American crossroad, and turning right on red was pretty cool. :okay:

postman

Legendary Member
I gave up driving four years ago.The plan was holiday abroad and to do some touring in the car.I was told 'they' drive on the otherside of the road.So one weekend i gave it a try.Well it was so dangerous i cancelled that idea and we went to Orlando with Virgin holidays,had a much better time.

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
I am absolutely convinced we had roundabouts in this country prior to 1986.

We did, even according to the quote. It's the Americans asking for our help.

The video talks of the UK changing from 'traffic circles' to roundabouts in 1966, and names Frank Blackmore as the man responsible.
The difference relates to a change in who yields apparently.

Top Bottom