whooo, new wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ranger

They've arrived!!! The only mistake was taking my wife with me to pick them up, as she then found out exactly what they cost:blush:

Apparently my bike is definitelyworth more than my car now, but they do look nice and will look even better when I 'invest' in a Kaffenback frame this summer

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hehehehehehehhe on the wife's reaction!

I'll bet you're chuffed though. What did you get?

Iceniner

You should have asked the guys at the store to put on a new price tag which said they cost a lot less! Would have been less hassle from the wife and you still would have a nice shiney set of new wheels :smile:

OP
OP
R

Ranger

Ambrosio rims, Hope hubs, 38 spokes and new 28 Marathon Plus' to replace the 35's I used to have. Apparantly they should be pretty bomb proof, and need to be as it is fairly common for me to be carrying a set of steel toe capped boots in my panniers

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ranger said:
They've arrived!!! The only mistake was taking my wife with me to pick them up, as she then found out exactly what they cost:blush:

Apparently my bike is definitelyworth more than my car now, but they do look nice and will look even better when I 'invest' in a Kaffenback frame this summer

who and where built them ? was it local ?

OP
OP
R

Ranger

MrGrumpy said:
who and where built them ? was it local ?

Sandy Wallace Cycles in Inverkeithing built them for me, very local and even put up with my mechanical incompetence and put on my old QR spikes and put them on the bike for me.

Keith Oates

Janner
Enjoy the wheels Ranger, but watch out for the next thing the wife wants as trying to stop it will be the chance she needs to mention the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

They sound expensive! SWC sold me some Shimano R561s (they matched the Chain Reaction price). The boy who sold me them gave me some inner tubes free when I chanced my arm, but those rims need long valves and he gave me normal ones. I bet the wee bugger knew.

Anyway, I don't bother going anywhere else nowadays as although they seem quite pricey, they offer decent service as long as you're not in a hurry.

I hope you got them nice and wet this morning!

Top Bottom