Whoose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Has anybody used Whoose, ? I am just downloading it, (9.6gb) not a big fan of Zwift, I prefer the RLV from Tacx so it may be too gamey for me, but its free, so an alternative if I fancy a change.

https://mywhoosh.com/

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Has anybody used Whoose, ? I am just downloading it, (9.6gb) not a big fan of Zwift, I prefer the RLV from Tacx so it may be too gamey for me, but its free, so an alternative if I fancy a change.

https://mywhoosh.com/

I understand it's being backed but UAE government, some concerns over data collection. Free for the moment.

I think the ship has sailed to compete with Zwift.

There are quite a lot race series, properly organised by third party race organisations.

uncle_adolph

Über Member
Tried it yesterday for the first time; got to the stage where Zwift at £13.99 per month when all I want to do is some exercise to keep fit is a joke. Have to say very impressed with MyWhoosh. I've tried a number of others (RGT, Rouvy, Big Ring, BKool, CadeSport and probably others) but just not right. Felt comfortable with MyWhoosh straightaway probably because it does look and feel so like Zwift. Definitely stick with this.

CXRAndy

Guru
Tried it yesterday for the first time; got to the stage where Zwift at £13.99 per month when all I want to do is some exercise to keep fit is a joke. Have to say very impressed with MyWhoosh. I've tried a number of others (RGT, Rouvy, Big Ring, BKool, CadeSport and probably others) but just not right. Felt comfortable with MyWhoosh straightaway probably because it does look and feel so like Zwift. Definitely stick with this.

I understand that getting out is many folks thing-hell I used to do it before Zwift.

but £13.99 is absolutely nothing per month. If you stop once on a ride you can easily spend a tenner with a coffee and cake/fired egg sarnie.

You can ride anytime of the day-your schedule, every day. Rack up hundreds of miles of quality riding.
Then the savings on bike parts, chains, cassettes tyres, inner tubes. The mony saved on that and outdoor kit especially winter kit has truly paid for my whole indoor setup. New chain every 3rd year is all I generally spend
:okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I understand that getting out is many folks thing-hell I used to do it before Zwift.

but £13.99 is absolutely nothing per month. If you stop once on a ride you can easily spend a tenner with a coffee and cake/fired egg sarnie.

You can ride anytime of the day-your schedule, every day. Rack up hundreds of miles of quality riding.
Then the savings on bike parts, chains, cassettes tyres, inner tubes. The mony saved on that and outdoor kit especially winter kit has truly paid for my whole indoor setup. New chain every 3rd year is all I generally spend
:okay:

£13.99 is a lot if you don't use it, and TBH, sitting on a turbo, no matter what 'interaction' there is, is absolutely no replacement for going out riding, what ever the weather.

We had an incredible ride on Saturday - four of us from here, off in the Clwydian Mountains on MTB's, absolutely stunning scenery but an absolute beast of a ride - over 3,500 feet of off road climbing in about 24 miles. You don't get that on a turbo. Also add in stuff like commuting to work on a bike - free(ish), always on time, and fantastic for the environment, and in-built training into your day's schedule.

Cycling is not about riding on a turbo - it's a useful aid if you can't get out.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
We had an incredible ride on Saturday - four of us from here, off in the Clwydian Mountains on MTB's, absolutely stunning scenery but an absolute beast of a ride - over 3,500 feet of off road climbing in about 24 miles. You don't get that on a turbo.

I agree with you riding outside beats the turbo every time, but you do get the climbing and scenery on the turbo, it doesn't match the outdoors though.
a few rides from the Tacx library and there are more with lots of climbing.

1666609963503.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I agree with you riding outside beats the turbo every time, but you do get the climbing and scenery on the turbo, it doesn't match the outdoors though.
a few rides from the Tacx library and there are more with lots of climbing.

View attachment 665704

You really don't, it's through a telly looking forward, and not on Zwift as it's all make believe (all though looks OK). You can't look over your shoulder and go 'oh I've climbed that', nor do you get the 'oh shoot this is what's coming up'. It's a useful training aid, but no real replacement for the outdoors, which is where massive mental health benefits are.

I'll probably install this free thing, as £12.99 was a waste of money for me as I wasn't using it much, even in Winter. It was great when I had a bad injury.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
If I have to ride indoors I prefer the RLV over Zwift on a big screen, of course your right its not the same as outdors.
1666612470768.png

Top Bottom