1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's been out this morning?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Gerry Attrick, 23 Dec 2007.

1. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

I've just been out (in the c*r:blush:) to collect our Christmas grub from the farm, and it was seriously icy (not much gritting done around these parts) and thick fog, and you know what, must have seen a dozen or more hardy lads and lasses out on their bikes. Very impressed at their stout constitutions.

2. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, what are you complaining about??

3. gavintc

gavintc Guru

Yes, Edinburgh is bathed in gorgeous winter sun. A cracking day - sadly I will not be out as my pleurisy is still preventing me from enjoying this weather.

4. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Now then HJ, not complaining old chap, just an expression of admiration that the lads and lasses to whom I refer are still getting out despite the conditions.

5. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I was planning to cycle to work today, but it was wet last night and the surface water had frozen solid on the local streets, so I thought it would be crazy to cycle in, having read about what happened to goo_mason in commuting. :becool:

6. Joe

Joe Über Member

Me. Beautiful and sunny down here though :becool:

7. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Not me, it's blowing a hoolie from the south west here, but the frost has gone.:biggrin:
    A good day for starting to think about Christmas arrangements.:becool:

8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

It's turned sunny and mild here for a while at least. I did my cold ride yesterday so I've washed the bike in the sun and the wife's washing the car for it's annual treat.

Memo to self - Don't buy another white car!

9. ash68

ash68 New Member

really frosty here this morning, so stayed in and wrapped up the christmas pressies. Went out for a spin around 11 o clock and it was lovely sunshine all the way round. Best day in a long while. Seems round here if you give the sun a chance to melt the ice and frost it turns into a lovely day and the roads aren't too slippy once you're off the estate roads.

10. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

icy and foggy when we set off to meet the clubrun. when we left them after an hour or so to head back the sun was shining all the way home.
    only one short stretch or road not gritted and that was only because its been blocked off for use as a cyclepath.turned out a very nice day now.

11. 37 miles this morning. My own street was very icy but once I was out on to the main roads conditions improved. I reckon the temp was about 2C with some watery winter sunshine. Saw about 6/7 hardy roadies on my cycle.

12. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

No time to get out today, managed to squeeze in an hour on the turbo between wife's and kids demands :biggrin: That seems to be more acceptable than me disappearing for an hour. I had to interrupt 1/2 way through to speak to the neighbour who'd brought some gifts around. I apologised for my sweaty appearance and she said, no need to apologise and gave me a good eyeing over, smiled and left :becool:

Edit: added a 'me'

13. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

my bike has had to go in the shed as you can't have it in the house when you have guests around at christmas, apparently.

14. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I read that "gave her a good going over" :biggrin::tongue::laugh:

No wonder she was smiling when she left :biggrin:

15. sloe

sloe New Member

A pleasant 14-mile trundle, roads and mind pretty empty, cold but clear here in Banffshire, nice clouds.