Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chris Boardman

• David Duffield

• Paul Sherwin

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
With Le Tour DF just around the corner, who's got your attention commentary-wise?

Call me a masochist, but I like good old Duffers. ;)

Yeah, he goes on a bit, but you can't knock his enthusiasm.

Maz

Guru
I was going to choose John Motson until I opened the thread. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
No commentator ever.. All they ever seem to do is put the mockers on people. I was watching Hickstead at the weekend and everytime they said "oh, this looks good, no faults, could go clear", the horse ploughed though the next fence...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
David Harman is the best as far as I'm concerned by a long shot. Sherwen and Liggett are a Pinky and Perky. Kelly is indecipherable. Boardman is dull and Duffers a twat.

IMHO

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
rich p said:
....Duffers a twat.
;)

I wish some people would get off the fence and tell us what they really think...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SamNichols

Duffers isn't a twat, he's just an octogenarian rambler. Problematically, by the end of the ramble both he and you have normally forgotten what he was trying to talk about.

I like Sean Kelly, and his on screen appearance on last year's tour DVD is legendary

strofiwimple

Veteran
Maz said:
I was going to choose John Motson until I opened the thread. ;)
NOOOOOOOOOO! Thank the lord he has finished, i have to admit that my opinion of him being a c**k is coloured by him being a speaker at a sports dinner i went to years ago, his speech and anecdotes were delivered as if on autocue but what really got to me was during a break he was standing at the bar and my mate very politely said to him "seems to be going well john" to which he replied whilst looking at my mate as if he was something nasty on his shoe "its mr motson to you" the reply did include mr motson as well as references to his parentage, solo hobbies and a useful tip on where to keep his microphone :biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
The potato king decides it's time for his three daughters to go out and get married, so he sends them out into the world. After six months they come home to tell Dad how they got on.

Daughter 1 tells Dad "I married a lovely fella called King Edward"

Daughter 2: "I married a lovely Jersey Royal"

Daughter 3: "I married Des Lynham"

The father retorts: "Des Lynham? But he's just a common tater!"

Top Bottom