Why are drivers so silly?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Almost every single driver that I encountered today was extremely rude or was breaking the law.

Driver #1 ( TNT truck) close passes me at pinch point and then slams on the brakes to avoid running a red light, unlike the driver in front of him who went straight through.

nSO4l.jpg

Driver #2 (BT repair truck) overtakes me and then cuts in to the left and goes up on the pavement, causing me to brake.

Driver #3 (white lorry) close pass and beeping his horn as he goes by.

Driver #4 - SC10-DYU) woman driving with one hand with a car full of passengers while looking down at her phone)

This was from just four miles of road cycling! FOUR!

Almost every single driver that I encountered today was extremely rude or was breaking the law.

Driver #1 (PE61- UZH - TNT truck) close passes me at pinch point and then slams on the brakes to avoid running a red light, unlike the driver in front of him who went straight through.

http://i.imgur.com/2IxYK.jpg[/

Driver #2 (BT repair truck) overtakes me and then cuts in to the left and goes up on the pavement, causing me to brake.

Driver #3 (white lorry) close pass and beeping his horn as he goes by.

Driver #4 - SC10-DYU) woman driving with one hand with a car full of passengers while looking down at her phone)

This was from just four miles of road cycling! [I]FOUR[/I]![/quote]

You had to ask why!!![/IMG][/quote]

the snail

Guru
Drivers 1 & 2 must be particularly stupid, as they would be easy to trace via their employer. If you feel their driving was dangerous, you could send a polite email to the company with photo attached - they might want to have a word with the driver. You might also examine your road positioning. If it was too narrow to overtake at the pinch point then perhaps you should have been further out to block an overtake. Conversely if it is safe for overtaking then keep to the left.

Blue

Legendary Member
Drivers 1 & 2 must be particularly stupid, as they would be easy to trace via their employer. If you feel their driving was dangerous, you could send a polite email to the company with photo attached - they might want to have a word with the driver. You might also examine your road positioning. If it was too narrow to overtake at the pinch point then perhaps you should have been further out to block an overtake. Conversely if it is safe for overtaking then keep to the left.

This can work as I had a good result to such a situation in the past.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Sent TNT a copy of the following email -

I'm sending you an email regarding an incident which occured on Thursday, 28th of June.

One of your truck drivers did a very close pass at pinch point while I was cycling and caused me to brake and swerve to avoid hitting the side of his van. I don't think this driver is aware of his actions.

This was the van/truck in question - http://i.imgur.com/xhUEx.jpg - I have blurred out the registration plate as I don't any action to be taken against the particular driver.

Here is where the incident occurred, the driver overtook me, even though the light was red, and then cut back in and I had to swerve and brake - https://www.google.com/maps?q=Neils...c2hj9c85sRAaEc_rsbrhEQ&cbp=12,149.36,,0,15.15

I'm not asking for you to penalise the driver, just please make your drivers more aware of the fact that cyclists are much more vulnerable on the road than car users.

Thank you.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Dear ** ******* ******
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have evaluated your comments and forwarded the details to the correct department to make contact with you to resolve.

If you wish to contact us again in relation to your feedback, please reply to this email remembering to quote the reference number FB******

Alternatively, you may also contact us by phone or fax.
Freephone: 0800 76 76 76
Fax : 0845 6000 439
Yours Sincerely
TNT Customer Experience Team

Above the TNT licence plate that you blacked out does it say 'run over cyclists?' ......... Sure we can. :ohmy:

Wonder Wheels

I passed one guy who was overtaken by a bus on the other side of the road. I'm not sure what the bus driver did but the cyclist went ballistic, he started shouting and swearing at the bus. I had just passed them then heard shouts of "Yah f'ing w*nker!" etc. etc. :eek:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I'd say luxury car marquee drivers are the worst (Audi, BMW, Lexus and any Chelsea Tractor). The sense of gross entitlement these people feel often leads them to bully and assume they have the RIGHT to push others about.

Never had much of a problem with Buses round here (apart from they always seem to run in packs which make overtaking a nightmare).

Top Bottom