"Why bother asking me?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Is this a woman thing or a partner thing or a something else thing...the way she asks my opinion, then if it doesn't tally with hers, tells me why I'm wrong. Aaaaaargh! :banghead:

This needs to go in S,C,P lol

sight-pin

Veteran
Lol, Your treading on dangerous ground, It's like when your OH ask "do you think i'm putting on weight" .....Never EVER! agree with that one:scratch:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Is this a woman thing or a partner thing or a something else thing...the way she asks my opinion, then if it doesn't tally with hers, tells me why I'm wrong. Aaaaaargh! :banghead:
Do you not then, at that point, instead of banging your head against a brick wall, think to yourself... 'Actually, I may reconsider my opinion based on this new information, I might politely enquire how that person arrived at this conclusion instead...'

Profpointy

Legendary Member

At the risk of being serious, and not at all becausr I do it myself (no, not me), asking for an opinion is not just for the answer but for the reasoning behind it. Thus if you get advice suggesting the alternative you were not keen on and the reasons were ones you'd already considered - fine, ignore advice.

However if the same advice comes with new reasons you can think again - and come to a more though through decision - whether you change or not

U

User32269

Mrs Dave, having destroyed our Vauxhall Astra, was searching for a new car. She asked my opinion stating "you know more about cars than me."
As she would be driving it most of the time I said she should just find one that feels right for her. I suggested not to buy a Renault because in my experience they were hard to repair yourself and prone to electrical niggles. Also pointed out that a dark, easy to clean interior would be good due to our 3 grubby kids. She gave me an admiring glance and a little peck on the cheek before going out.

We've now got a Renault Scenic with white cloth interior.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Do you not then, at that point, instead of banging your head against a brick wall, think to yourself... 'Actually, I may reconsider my opinion based on this new information, I might politely enquire how that person arrived at this conclusion instead...'

Whatever you do - do not enter the SC&P forum on this site.

jhawk

Veteran
I was always told that if a woman asks you, "Does this dress make my arse look fat?"

The answer is ALWAYS, "No dear, of course not."

... That said, if a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong? :biggrin:

Top Bottom