Why can you delete some posts but not others?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just got into pointless back and forth on a thread in For Sale section. Announced I'd delete my posts (which was ineffectual, as that post also got a reply, quoting me again, and decreasing the signal to noise ratio). Anyway....

There's no "delete" button under any of those posts. In other threads, even weeks old, I can still delete my posts.

Is it an oversight, or policy? I'm curious, mostly.

I believe the Classified's is a protected area so that all information is available to the seller and buyer and so that people can not edit and delete things after the event so to speak. But I could be wrong, however, it would make sense to protect all concerned.

Shaun

Founder
well, I can reduce each post to a punctuation mark, so total history is not preserved.

You can, but myself and the moderator team can undo that and freeze you out of the thread to stop any further edits so that what you have said in the thread is visible to all.

The classifieds forum is specifically time-limited for edits to protect members from anyone who posts information and then later tries to change it or deny they have posted it; such as prices or promises of delivery / extras or claims regarding quantity or quality of items.

We have a very successful and well run classifieds that is relatively trader free and have very few issues regarding sales - transparent discussion is a key part of that. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom