Why can't motons......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
accept they make mistakes?

Mrs A and I were cycling serenely down a sparsley populated lane tonight when a looney in a tin box reversed out of a drive immediately in front of us causing us to brake heavily. Being a placid sort of chap, I resisted the temptation to yell obscenities and merely raised my arm in an exasperated type of gesture. This was met by a long sounding of the moton's horn, presumably berating us for merely being on "his" road.

Why can't these eejits just accept that occasionally they c**k up?

Mark_Robson

Ego !!!!!!
People don't take criticism well. The driver was totally in the wrong but once criticised the old ego takes over.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mark_Robson said:
Ego !!!!!!
People don't take criticism well. The driver was totally in the wrong but once criticised the old ego takes over.

Quite right......... folk don't like the ego or anything challenging..... what's wrong with saying sorry.....:laugh:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Gerry Attrick said:

Cos that 300 yard drive for essential ale/fags/chips etc is too important to yer average moton to let you get in their way. Also you may have blocked their trajectory as they lob cans/ old lotto cards/ half eaten kebabs/ bottles of piss/ empty fag packets and other assorted moton shite into the hedges.

It's not just motorists, sadly. It's endemic throughout society.:becool:

al78

Guru
Gerry Attrick said:
accept they make mistakes?

Mrs A and I were cycling serenely down a sparsley populated lane tonight when a looney in a tin box reversed out of a drive immediately in front of us causing us to brake heavily. Being a placid sort of chap, I resisted the temptation to yell obscenities and merely raised my arm in an exasperated type of gesture. This was met by a long sounding of the moton's horn, presumably berating us for merely being on "his" road.

Cognitive Dissonance.

It goes something like this:

1. I am a good driver.
2. I nearly hit that cyclist.

2 contradicts 1, therefore creating dissonance. The way to resolve this dissonance is to believe that the cyclist was responsible for the near miss, hence the reaction.

Top Bottom