Why can't we have infomercials like these in the UK ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Because we have standards, and a level of honesty and integrity that some others lack?

Rachel Stevens Men's Health video shows far better class, and also provides a function.

So there you have your answer......... some have higher standards of integrity, honesty and truthfulness and others don't?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Because we have standards, and a level of honesty and integrity that some others lack?

Rachel Stevens Men's Health video shows far better class, and also provides a function.

So there you have your answer......... some have higher standards of integrity, honesty and truthfulness and others don't?

The root of it all is resect. You give none but demand it of others. This negates all meaningful diaogue and has turned you into a troll. It is pointless playing any game with you as you are just devoid of a sense of humour.

You can't see it though because you are so far up your own......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

asterix

Comrade Member
The root of it all is resect. You give none but demand it of others. This negates all meaningful diaogue and has turned you into a troll. It is pointless playing any game with you as you are just devoid of a sense of humour.

You can't see it though because you are so far up your own......

I do like your avatar, Linford. What you see is what you get:thumbsup:

Someone has got the wrong end of the stick here!

The answer I gave is an entirely appropriate, corrrect and accurate response to the points raised by the OP.

If that causes ranting and caterwauling then it is not really my problem if it is wholly misinterpreted.

Let me repeat myself and make it very clear...........

I made a simple and plain statement referring to the original advert and the grounds of integrity, honesty and truthfulness, all of which are lacking in the advert. These are standards that we require in advertising in the UK and are enforced by the Advertising Standards Authority. They clearly state that:

The Advertising Codes contain wide-ranging rules designed to ensure that advertising does not mislead, harm or offend. Ads must also be socially responsible and prepared in line with the principles of fair competition. These broad principles apply regardless of the product being advertised.
In addition, the Advertising Codes contain specific rules for certain products and marketing techniques. These include rules for alcoholic drinks, health and beauty claims, children, medicines, financial products, environmental claims, gambling, direct marketing and prize promotions. These rules add an extra layer of consumer protection on top of consumer protection law and aim to ensure that UK advertising is responsible.
The ASA administers the rules in the spirit as well as the letter, making it almost impossible for advertisers to find loopholes or ‘get off on a technicality’. This common sense approach takes into account the nature of the product being advertised, the media used, and the audience being targeted.

I then posted a video that uses the same "innuendo", but with a more classy and sophisticated presentation and for a diffrent cause - Health promotion. Clearly illustrating both my meaning and the context, that one wasin better "taste" than the other

There is a diffrence in the two adverts in that one has high standards of integrity, honesty and truthfulness and the other does not meet the same standard

This completely answers the original question, the reason we cannot have infomercials like that is because they are unlikely to pass the more stringent standards we have in the UK.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Someone has got the wrong end of the stick here!

The answer I gave is an entirely appropriate, corrrect and accurate response to the points raised by the OP.

If that causes ranting and caterwauling then it is not really my problem if it is wholly misinterpreted.

Let me repeat myself and make it very clear...........

I made a simple and plain statement referring to the original advert and the grounds of integrity, honesty and truthfulness, all of which are lacking in the advert. These are standards that we require in advertising in the UK and are enforced by the Advertising Standards Authority. They clearly state that:

I then posted a video that uses the same "innuendo", but with a more classy and sophisticated presentation and for a diffrent cause - Health promotion. Clearly illustrating both my meaning and the context, that one wasin better "taste" than the other

There is a diffrence in the two adverts in that one has high standards of integrity, honesty and truthfulness and the other does not meet the same standard

This completely answers the original question, the reason we cannot have infomercials like that is because they are unlikely to pass the more stringent standards we have in the UK.

:biggrin: do they call you laughing boy in work ?

asterix

Comrade Member
This thread has me baffled. The first clip seems quite reasonable to me.. I have noticed that balls do need to be cleaned every so often as part of a maintenance programme. Foreign bodies attached to balls obviously interfere with their sphericality, leading to increased friction. After all what are balls for?

That Linford finds such stuff interesting is no surprise, after all is that not the sort of line he is in?

ps I still like your avatar Linford. It works for me.

I couldn't see your video response from my phone so that would have to be a no...

So your entire rant was based on a post you had not completely read or seen?

May I suggest that given this admision that you did not know what my post actually contained and the implied lack of knowledge that your ranting and accusation of trolling was inappropriate , ill-informed and unfounded?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

So your entire rant was based on a post you had not completely read or seen?

May I suggest that given this admision that you did not know what my post actually contained and the implied lack of knowledge that your ranting and accusation of trolling was inappropriate , ill-informed and unfounded?

The laughing boy question was about the way you present. You take life waaaay to seriously

Top Bottom