Why choose a Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ZollyP

Hi all, my name is Zoe and I am currently part of a group conducting research into micromobility, and a clear frontrunner in this world is Brompton.
I have no doubt that this group contains a wealth of knowledge about using and living with Bromptons, and I would be very appreciative if you could take a couple of minutes to fill out the following survey to help us learn more about the strengths and weaknesses of the product. Many thanks!
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/398LHWL
1f603.png

Last edited:
Who are you, where are you from, what is your group and what is the end purpose of this questionnaire? Is it for academic or commercial purposes, and do you have full approval for this survey from whatever/whoever is your governing body or similar?
You do realise, I hope, that question 10 is asking participants to - essentially - confirm their probably usage of illegal modes of transport.

OP
OP
Z

ZollyP

Hi @KnittyNorah, thanks for your reply. I am based in the UK working on a research project, for which I have full approval for everything I have done thusfar. Question 10 askes participants as to why they choose cycling over other options, and I'm sure for many (especially those based in the UK) legality of other options (for example e-scooters) are a barrier to adoption. I hope that clarifies things :smile:

OP
OP
Z

ZollyP

Hi @KnittyNorah and @Arrowfoot, thank you for your feedback, I am new to this world and didn't want the purpose of the research to skew the responses, but I appreciate the feedback and will provide some background. The market research is to assess the feasibility and requirements of a potential commercial product for micromobility, I can't be more specific at this point as it is still very early doors, but will share more as and when I can.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZollyP

That is really good to know, I will make sure to update this in future to factor in the old naming system. Cheers :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Hi @KnittyNorah, thanks for your reply. I am based in the UK working on a research project, for which I have full approval for everything I have done thusfar. Question 10 askes participants as to why they choose cycling over other options, and I'm sure for many (especially those based in the UK) legality of other options (for example e-scooters) are a barrier to adoption. I hope that clarifies things :smile:
Legally, in the UK, electric scooters are classed as motor vehicles.
As such, if you want to use one outside of the trial areas, you are required to have insurance, driving license, the scooter to be registered, and to use them only on the roads. These alone are enough to put people off using them, should they achieve legal road status.

Helmet is also a requirement in both the trials and if you have gone down the road of registering one for legal use.

You will also have trouble taking them on First services. They aren't allowing them on, with signs appearing saying they aren't allowed.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Like FF, I gave up when I got to the model choice. Mine are an S6L and a S2E-X. Only people who've bought in the last year or two have the listed models. Even then, ir's missing the very popular B75.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Hi @KnittyNorah and @Arrowfoot, thank you for your feedback, I am new to this world and didn't want the purpose of the research to skew the responses, but I appreciate the feedback and will provide some background. The market research is to assess the feasibility and requirements of a potential commercial product for micromobility, I can't be more specific at this point as it is still very early doors, but will share more as and when I can.
So a person named Zoe from an unknown organisation wants people to participate about the Brompton in a survey for a potential new commercial product but can neither state an organisation name nor even name the Brompton models correctly (so has zero knowledge about the item the survey is about). The survey wants clear answers but the person who actually organizes the survey is only more than very vague about everything.
Guess this will lead to only few answers and those will be vague.
Not even providing a full name an address of the organsation and person who does the survey, let alone the purpose is more than uncommon, very impolite and lowers any trust way below zero. Why would anyone want to participate in a survey like that?

Top Bottom