Why did I receive a reminder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Founder
If you have received a reminder about a forum rule from the moderators, it's because the moderators want you to know that:
  1. Your post was not considered to be in keeping with the Forum Rules.
  2. Your post may have been edited or removed.
  3. You should review and follow the Forum Rules to avoid further problems.
The Forum Rules are designed to keep the forums useful and enjoyable for all members. Reminders are simply heads-up messages that alert you to a problem so that you can avoid it in the future. Reminders aren't punishment. They are given to help you and to help other forum members.

What should I do about it?

Review the Forum Rules so you can follow them in the future. That's usually all there is to it.

You won't lose any forum privileges over a single problem with the minor rules. Only when a forum user ignores reminders and repeatedly violates the rules, especially the most serious rules, will there be a loss of forum privileges (a temporary suspension or permanent ban). Only a few rules, such as the prohibitions on harassment, threats, and re-registration during a temporary ban, can produce instant bans. We try not to make a big issue out of minor rules, but we do remind users about them.

If you have questions about the rules, or don't think your post broke the rules, a careful review of the Forum Rules should address your concerns. If not, read What if I disagree with moderation of my posts? and if still necessary use the Contact Form to ask for clarification.

Don't send personal conversation messages to the moderators since that bypasses our review system. Instead, use the Contact Form. If you reply to a moderator about a reminder, we've asked them to direct you to the Contact Form instead, so your message doesn't bypass our review system.

Your cooperation is appreciated!

What if I have other questions about reminders?

You'll find more information in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom