Why did men stop using canes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I think you'll find that CC's very own 1930's public schoolboy still has one.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Three canes I bought from Accrington Antiques in March. 🧐

hc=-_ukMDQpwzAQ7kNvgECLk_i&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=tm60fHTdRPIQ7kNvgFtfg0O&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

hc=Fp_395syqcgQ7kNvgFZtzcE&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

OP
OP
ClichéGuevara

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
Yes. They are my fags!!🧐

What did you make of his other style tips?

There seems to be a series of videos by that guy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What did you make of his other style tips?

There seems to be a series of videos by that guy.

I must've watched them all over the last 6 or so years. As with all tips, they are opinions not facts. I like/agree with most of his thoughts, but sometimes he does contradict himself. In the last year or so he's had new presenters on the Gentleman's Gazette. Some are, in my opinion not that clued up about things. 🤔

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For the love of all that's holy, please tell us that these came as a job lot. The alternative is that you chose to buy the one on the right. If true, that would be an abomination unto Nuggan.

£20 for the three, if I remember rightly. He wanted £10 each but offered me the whole three for 20 quid when I said I just wanted the bone handle one. I haven't used the one on the right yet as I prefer a curved handle rather than a knob/ball type. I think the one with the head is supposed to look like a match. 🤔

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'm using one at rhe moment because or my wonky foot. A proper cane, just a walking stick (Mrs D wouldn't let me get a sword stick.)

Met a guy at a Trade Fair a few years ago who made sword sticks. I resisted the temptation.
Asked him if he did not get aggro from the police and he said no slightly to my surprise.

Top Bottom