Why did no-one mention it sooner...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
A while ago I bought some Continental 4000s tyres, but hadn't got round to fitting them. I was planning to do it once the weather improved. Anyway for one reason or another I fitted them last week and went out for a rather a windy ride.

Buy what a difference the new tyres made compared to the specialized all condition tyres that came with the bike. It seemed smoother a like it took less effort.

Some might have been down to a tail wind at points, but it almost seemed like it added an extra mph to the ride.

Looking forward to going out again under less blustery conditions.

Now thinking about the next most cost efficient upgrade, possibly wheels...

Matt

yello

They are a good tyre. I think I sang their praises on the forum last year sometime ;)

Chuffin' expensive though! I looked at a pair deal recently.... €95!! I wanted 4 for that! :laugh:

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I changed my Specialized all condition tyres that came with the Allez Sport to Ultremo ZXs (now running on Continental Gator Hardshells) and like you say the difference is very noticeable

I found the Specialized tyres like trying to ride through glue and you could here the noise of the tyres on the road

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I fitted some Ultremo ZX to the summer bike along with a pair of lightweight inner tubes. Not tried it out yet but the method behind this madness is that when I do put my heavy winter bike away then I'll feel like Superman on my summer ride. By the way, the Ultremos varied in price somewhat - I found the cheapest £20 each :smile:, dearest £40 each :sad:.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I have a pair of red Ultremo ZXs with very little use coming up for sale soon:smile:

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Are your contis a lot better that the Ultremo's then ?

The conti's just give me a bit more confidence against p******e's as the roads around here are attrocious

The Ultremo's performed superbly and look the dogs :becool:

Top Bottom