Why did no one warm me about....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Couple of years ago I took the Gekko along the South Coast of Wales there was an unexpected heat wave.

So I ended up in Boots in Cardiff buying sun kids factor 50 sun tan lotion.

When I reached the till, the girl asked .... "how old is the child?"

MY answer was "55", at which I got a strange look!

.... and when you get to y age "Helmet Hair" is no longer an issue

It is the pattern of the helmet vents burnt on one's balding pate

A buff under the helmet will prevent this and also wicks the sweat away keeping you cooler.:okay:

One of the girls at work produced a plastic bag from the freezer, demanding to know what it was..... I then had to explain the concept of a Buff, and how a forzen buff in a cool bag is a wonderful way of cooling down in this weather.

So if you are hot:
1. Soak buff and wring dry
2. Place in Freezer until frozen
3. Place in lunch box
4. Half way home, remove and wear

My wife said no to my buying this in order to maintain a suppy of cold buffs

Carts_and_Crafts_Ice_Cream_Bicycle.jpg

Recycle

Über Member
So OK, why did not a single one of you recumbent (trike to 2 wheelers) warn me about parts of me that don't normally see daylight getting sunburnt!
Ah yes, sorry about that, and if you haven't already discovered, only wear trousers with zipped pockets.

And speaking of parts that don't normally get sunburnt.
For the Scots: Don't scare the public, dinna wear a kilt, not even if you're cycling to your wedding!
For the ladies: Wearing a skirt will turn heads, but going commando will get you arrested.

If you want to go Commando....

Catrike did bring out a "Civil Service' edition of the expedition in olive drab paintwork and military stencilling

0611613fe950165151335c476bca2f1fd4a0f18e.jpg

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Oh I found out another you did warn me yesterday. :rain:

torrential rain, legs, water running downhill knees being above level of crotch.... guess the rest. not pleasant.:ohmy: :eek: :dry:

neither was the tractor that went passed and caught the standing water in the right hand tyre rut, it hit me underneath the trike. I'm now considering a water base to the seat with a few subtle holes to let the water back out as well.... :surrender:

Top Bottom