Why did the rabbit cross the road...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To get to the otherside...
And then change it's mind...
And return to the original side...
...then go under my rear wheel at speed.

Thought I was coming off the bike... twice.

Hit isn't visble in my video (hence why it's not posted yet, not worth it?), but the stupid thing ran in front, smacked head first into the verge which is a few inches high of mud on my left, then dart back to my right going under my rear wheel... doing about 30mph at the time down the hill but managed to scrub at least some of that speed, a good 20-25.

I dragged it a bit I think, but disappeared quick enough for me to not see where it went.

Not the first time that I've played chicken with a chicken, rabbits, squirrels, pheasants, cats, dogs, sheep, snails, loads of things... never hit anything yet though. Chickens are the worst I find, pheasants tend to do back and forth but Chickens don't really have a "bolt hole" in the bushes to exit through so never really get out of the way.

thomas

the tank engine
I've hit a rabbit once too...felt it's rear leg break...horrible!

Also, ran over a snake's head. It's camouflage was it's down fall.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
thomas said:
I've hit a rabbit once too...felt it's rear leg break...horrible!

Also, ran over a snake's head. It's camouflage was it's down fall.

Actually, you will probably find that you were its downfall, its camouflage was simply a design flaw ;)

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

User3143 said:
Why didn't you bunny hop - serious question?

Probably would have landed on it if I went for a hop when I saw it, thus worse injuries all round - serious answer!

Not that a road bike helps ;)

On my first ever bike commute I ran over a rat. Lovely clear city that I'm stuck in.

Then on the first day of term the following year I ran over another one. Living around here is enough to give them a death with I'm sure.

automatic_jon said:
On my first ever bike commute I ran over a rat. Lovely clear city that I'm stuck in.

Then on the first day of term the following year I ran over another one. Living around here is enough to give them a death with I'm sure.

. . . or a lisp?:laugh:

Top Bottom