Why did this happen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Assuming he/she uses his/her brakes. May be they hate their car and punish it by slowing down using 1st gear.

The rate at which they slowed down, and the fact that there wasn't any engine rev (dropping to first) suggests that they were using the brakes. Probably a loose connection or similar.

If you can't visibly 'feel' a car slowing or stopping bobblehead, you need yore eyes tested! :biggrin:
+1 for no girlie squealing - we miss the real Magnatom.

Looks as though there was a car coming toward the one that braked...get a decent camera if you're going to ask spot the difference questions! :tongue:
And be careful!

atbman

Veteran
Let me see: at 25 secs or thereabouts, he slows down a little and you start to get closer, you ride over 2 road markings saying SLOW **, he slows down some more because, presumably, of the traffic in front of him and you are still getting closer and apparently not slowing down until the last second.

As for the stop lights, I can't tell whether or not they're working, given the flare at the top of the picture. Me, I don't rely on brake lights but the size of the vehicle in front. I find that, if it's getting bigger, it's slowing down. Simples.

Your fault, Magnatom, for not observing and thinking ahead.

** I wonder if the road marking indicate that traffic can pile up at this point?

What I find baffling, Magnatom, is that you seem to have more incidents on your camera in a month than I had in the last 10 years of commuting into Bradford/Leeds/Halifax in the rush hour before I retired. I find it difficult to believe that even Glaswegian drivers are that much worse.

Jesus! you must have been pasting it along at least 30,slow down you nutter!
wink.gif

if he didn't have working brake lights he would be for the high jump as the cops would suspect him of that game whereby he deliberately stops quick at a junction so another car crashes into him and he claim whiplash and gets the insurance money.
One brake light out - explainable, two - suspicious. Especially on a newish car.

Of course, when yours truly took his Driving Test all those aeons ago, we still had to use hand signals during the test. Including the Slowing Down signal:
hand-slow-down.jpg

Still legally required if your vehicle's brake lights are not functional.

I suppose that's all been forgotten now... :angry: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Let me see: at 25 secs or thereabouts, he slows down a little and you start to get closer, you ride over 2 road markings saying SLOW **, he slows down some more because, presumably, of the traffic in front of him and you are still getting closer and apparently not slowing down until the last second.

As for the stop lights, I can't tell whether or not they're working, given the flare at the top of the picture. Me, I don't rely on brake lights but the size of the vehicle in front. I find that, if it's getting bigger, it's slowing down. Simples.

** I wonder if the road marking indicate that traffic can pile up at this point?

What I find baffling, Magnatom, is that you seem to have more incidents on your camera in a month than I had in the last 10 years of commuting into Bradford/Leeds/Halifax in the rush hour before I retired. I find it difficult to believe that even Glaswegian drivers are that much worse.

:biggrin:

I love how your English is very combative!

Of course most of the fault was mine (I didn't actually hit the car remember!). I'm not questioning that. I am interested in how much weight is placed on the fact the cars lights weren't working. (They weren't. I have the raw footage and I can assure you they weren't).

What I find baffling is that people don't actually read what I have written. I haven't mentioned it here, but I have mentioned in numerous times before (and in my blog), that I don't actually have that many incidents. In fact go here to find the answer.

Simples! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Of course, when yours truly took his Driving Test all those aeons ago, we still had to use hand signals during the test. Including the Slowing Down signal:
hand-slow-down.jpg

Still legally required if your vehicle's brake lights are not functional.

I suppose that's all been forgotten now... :angry: :rolleyes:

Hand signals aren't possible these days I'm afraid. :sad:

One hand is needed for their mobile phone and the other to smoke a ciggie.....;)

jimboalee

** The council paint "SLOW" on the road 100 metres ahead of where thare has been a road fatality. These markings are not in the Highway Code.

Top Bottom