Why did you choose an e-bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A Wisper is a good choice.

It's one of the better Chinese bikes, and Wisper is one of the few brands which offer decent customer service.

I'm acquainted with David, the guy who owns the company.

He genuinely wants his customers to be happy with their bikes, and he is very accessible - his mobile number is all but public and he usually answers it.

As regards comfort, you probably know more about saddle lore than I do, but the type of bike comes into it.

I have a 20" wheel ebike which runs on the same balloon tyres as yours.

The 'e' bit is irrelevant for this purpose, I've found the comfort of 20" wheels to be not quite as good as a 700c bike.

It's pretty good, I've done 80+ mile rides on mine, but I feel those a lot more than I do on a bigger wheeled bike.

The tyres need to be run at a fairly low pressure to take advantage of the air chamber suspension.

It would be worth trying them at the lower end of what's printed on the sidewall.

Ave4 copy.jpeg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

It's one of the better Chinese bikes, and Wisper is one of the few brands which offer decent customer service.

He genuinely wants his customers to be happy with their bikes, and he is very accessible - his mobile number is all but public and he usually answers it.

As regards comfort, you probably know more about saddle lore than I do, but the type of bike comes into it.

The 'e' bit is irrelevant for this purpose, I've found the comfort of 20" wheels to be not quite as good as a 700c bike.

It's pretty good, I've done 80+ mile rides on mine, but I feel those a lot more than I do on a bigger wheeled bike.

The tyres need to be run at a fairly low pressure to take advantage of the air chamber suspension.

It would be worth trying them at the lower end of what's printed on the sidewall.

View attachment 141760

Yes David is very nice and helped me a lot. I have 20 inch wheels on my normal folder so I am well aware of the ride and the feel of them. I like folders and as I only do local rides not tours or long distances It's great.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yes David is very nice and helped me a lot. I have 20 inch wheels on my normal folder so I am well aware of the ride and the feel of them. I like folders and as I only do local rides not tours or long distances It's great.

Pleased to hear it - the best bike is always the right one for the rider and his/her riding style and use.

You now have the option to take on longer rides if you fancy them, without the fear of becoming over tired.

Extra range is the main benefit of ebiking for me, I still ride at the same steady pace, but can do so for longer.

Ebikes are also good pack horses, a few kilos of extra stuff is neither here nor there, meaning you can carry a usable amount of shopping or food/drink/clothing etc for a longer ride.

I am Just looking for one now. ( hopfully in the next week or so) .I had a Stroke at end of May last year, I have made a great recovery but walking around is quite slow and tiring due to a slightly weaker right side, I dont drive so I am hoping it will help get me to and from work (usually a good 10 to 15min walk each way) and help me return properly to my work position which includes getting around a very large site.

Last edited:

View attachment 141760

That one in the pic looks great and maybe just what I am looking for, do you have a link for it? Thanks.

Top Bottom