Why do Bike shops advertize stock they dont have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

..or cant get?

I see ads fro Bianchi 2008 bikes in a 61cm frame everywhere but NOBODY can get one . In fact it seems most large frame sizes are never in stock...

...I am getting rapidly peed orf with bike shops

Keith Oates

Janner
From what I see BTFB, it's not just bikes but other shops and outlets do the same type of thing. It seems to be a common sales gimmick but I agree with you it is very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mickle

innit
They had them in stock but they sold out of them before you called? Lead times for mag ads is several weeks, if they are advertising a particular bike in a particular size it's because they bought a load of them cheap and were selling them cheap so it's no surprise they've sold out.

litespeeder

For the same reasons that:

a) travel agents post holidays in the window that don't exist but get you into the shop.
:biggrin: Recruitment agencies have phantom jobs just to get you on their books, so that they can scout companies with suitable credentials.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a friend of mine is trying to source a giant puddn for her little girl. almost everywhere you have to scroll right to the end of the page, or add to the shopping basket, to find that it's out of stock.

Top Bottom