why do most cyclists prefer bibs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
rich p said:
Indeed! My wife still collapses with laughter when I put them on. Grow up, woman. I daren't let the kids see me in them.
My youngest calls them my "leotard" and asks why I'm wearing girls clothes :tongue:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Keep your lower back warmer too, less draughty.

Oh, has anybody mentioned that they're gresat for holding your belly in?

Keith Oates

Janner
Stopping the padding from moving around and having a nice firm fit around the bottom are the reasons I like them. However I do also have shorts as I'm too tight to throw them away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once saw an overweight bearded middle aged man on a Brompton wearing bibs.... and NO TOP!

If I need a wee, I just access my chap by rolling one leg up. Big jobs are a nuisance though.

I think I prefer the convenience (for toilet breaks :tongue:) of shorts and they don't really cause me uncomfort in the stomach region. However having recently got some bibs (last winter) the pad position is more constant so I'm starting to lean towards them also and all my subsequent purchases have been bibs.

Perry

Twenty Inch said:
Once saw an overweight bearded middle aged man on a Brompton wearing bibs.... and NO TOP!

If I need a wee, I just access my chap by rolling one leg up. Big jobs are a nuisance though.

There are some thing ya just dont wanna imagine :tongue:

Today is the first time I've went out with both my cycle chat bib and jersey. The jersey has a full length zip, so its easy too remove for a pi$$ break and the bibs were a great fit no movement of the pads; the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom