Why do some apps need a constant internet connection?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I download movies for offline viewing but they don't play until I go ONLINE (probably wants to verify a license or something).

Then I have some music for offline listening and hey presto, it's trying to hook up to internet.

I have this clock widget on my desktop and my phone is on airplane mode. Guess what? The clock stops working.

Really bloody annoying to the point I just stop using the apps.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
just stop using the apps.
Sounds like the correct response. Now Breath.......

Flakey

If you use free apps they usually require Internet connection for those bloody annoying small ads that keep popping up. If you like the app and use it, when you "upgrade" to the full (paid) version then the ads are removed and the aps work "off line".
I had exactly the same issue with a music app the other day. Ended up just doing another search in the app store but adding "ad free" to the search string.

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
I agree. I would pay for the app. BUT this is a clock. There are no adverts that appear.

The other app is Amazon music.

And the other is Google play movies. I'm not saying this is a problem with Google, but probably more to do with the movie licensing. But then I ask what is the point of offline viewing.

Top Bottom