Why don't Decathlon do mail order?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonoB

Über Member
yello said:
Cheers Jono, I thought they did!
We live in France for most of the summer (guess what job I do???) and consequently most of my current cycling wardrobe, the kids clothes and our bikes (in France) are from Decathlon. Despite what was mentioned earlier, we do spend an awful lot of time in Decathlon when on holiday - but we are there for 7 weeks which is OK, I guess.

Jono

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Cheers guys. Still find it a bit strange they don't do mail order but hey-ho.

Anyroads, in that case, I still can't find a Tacx Flow anywhere else for anywhere near the price Decathlon are doing it, unless anyone can point me in the right direction?.

Got another question about Tacx too, but I will start another thread on that one. :biggrin:

JonoB

Über Member
They don't do the kids' road bike any more.;)
We bought one for son no.1. for £130 approx.They were selling them off for £40 at the end. If I'd had any sense I would have bought a load to flog on Ebay. (bought when the pound wasn't so weak 1Euro=66p)

simoncc

When Decathlon opened in Stockport it was fantastic for bikes and bike bits of all kinds. Since then it has narrowed its stock considerably to cater for the UK market and seems to have gone much more cheap MTB based.

johnnyh

Veteran
...there's a Decathlon by our favourite summer holiday spot in Saumur, France.

it accounts for the most holiday spend on my card each year - thank goodness they dont do mail order in the UK! :biggrin:

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Yeah, its still annoying me.

After doing a fair bit of searching, the cheapest I can find a Tacx Flow at is actually in a nearby LBS at a discounted price of £275.

This compares favourably with a few other places doing them mail order, because of the fact that you have to factor in the cost of the carriage.

That's the best price I can come up with thus far. :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
I've been to the Nottingham branch and I have to say that I thought it was complete crap - it seemed totally aimed at 'novice' riders or families and all the kit was cheap low quality stuff; and I'm no snob! The whole shop gave the impression of being stacked full of crap!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Either the Nottingham shop is unique or you're a poor judge of stuff.

They usually stock a complete range of stuff only varying somewhat depending on the popularity of sports in the local area. The quality varies from the cheapest of something that will get the job done, up to high end items which are as good as you need. I have their most basic cycling short which are okay for an hours evening thrash (9 euros) to winter climbing trousers that are superb in every way, but were still (slightly) cheaper than an equivalent by North Face, etc.

OP
OP
RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

*UPDATE*

Well, checked my email this morning and eBay sent me a voucher code ( presumably to try and tempt me to spend money ) for 10% off the total price of any item.

There's a bike shop in London on eBay doing Tacx Flow trainers for £259+£14.99 TNT courier charges.

Had about £25 in my Paypal account so ended up with a Tacx Flow, delivered to my door for @£222. Result!!! :biggrin:

Really looking forward to getting it, now I just need to do a "Search" on here for all those Tacx Flow calibration threads. ;)

Top Bottom