Why has Casualty gone rubbish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The TV programme that is, its changed. Theyve done something to it the filming looks cheap and it makes the actors look rubbish(er).

What have they done?

SamNichols

I believe they changed the filming style to make it hipper (i.e. like a Paul Greengrass movie). It was always shite anyway, but now it's more 'edgy' shite.

Casualty is one of the worst tv programs made. It has not gone downhill - Charlie still gazes vacantly off set to his prompt board when ever he has a line or two.

OP
OP
S

starseven

Charlie only has one expression, a sort of eye rolling exasperation, symbolising his union rep character working at a futile task.

Not done bad to blag a 10 yr career out of the one trick.

stevenb

I'm surprised it's still going!
How long can a hospital drama covering all injuries and accidents and everyday life situations last before they get worn dry through repititiveness?

gbb

Legendary Member
Sorry Starseven, but i think its sh1te as well :biggrin:

Christ, they've had every disaster bar a nuclear one, inflicted on Holby. Must be the most dangerous place on earth. :biggrin:

I know its only TV, but god help us all if doctors and nurses behave even remotely like that in real life.

Jaded

starseven said:
Charlie only has one expression, a sort of eye rolling exasperation, symbolising his union rep character working at a futile task.

Not done bad to blag a 10 yr career out of the one trick.

It's way more than 10 years - over 20, I think.

OP
OP
S

starseven

Im not saying I like the programme ....honest. :biggrin:

I havent seen it for a while and it has changed ,the cast the stories seem the same as ever but the production is completley different.

It now has that haze about the picture yuo get in american programmes maybe they are using video instead of film or something.

Otherwise agreed the things as poor as ever, but I struggle to find much worth watching anymore , could be age or it could all be cr*p:sad::biggrin:

Tribe excepted, I like that

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No you can't get rid of Casualty ... I have to watch it to sit working out where they filmed it and how they drive around in circles. Every now and again you actually come across them filming it.

tomb1960

It always was rubbish. It is however quite unfair to say that it's like the NHS in that respect. Casualty is much better equipped and much better staffed than any NHS establishment I have been in.

Top Bottom