Why I dislike DIY.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

Thing is gbyers - most of the water pipes in my extension are flexible plastic. All the easier to puncture, my dear.

(sorry. distinct lack of sleep suffering going on).

gbyers

mosschops2 said:
Thing is gbyers - most of the water pipes in my extension are flexible plastic. All the easier to puncture, my dear.

(sorry. distinct lack of sleep suffering going on).

It's a fair point, these plastic pipes need to be run in sensible palces ie in corners, not in middle of walls.

You could always try water divining - two bent coat hangers, no mystic properties required contrary to popular belief. Mind you I've only done it with pipes in the ground, not sure how you walk up walls. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Hugo15

Hugo15

Über Member
sheddy said:
Time to buy a pipe/stud detector methinks !

I do have have one, but I lent in to my little brother and never got it back :biggrin:. The plumber who came round to fix the leak said they don't work with plastic pipes though? Now got to wait for someone to come and fix the hole in the wall.

If I didn't know better I would guess that the builders put them there on purpose when they built the house. It would have taken no more effort to run them in the corner out of harms way.

The plumber also mentioned something about building regs and that the pipes should be X inches below the surface. Said I might be able to claim through the NHBC warranty. Any one got any idea if this might be a goer?

Top Bottom