why i hate insomnia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can strongly recommend meditation.

There are lots and lots of different ways to go about doing it, what works for some will not work for others. So have a read around, and try out a few different techniques.

Overall the most important thing is not to dismiss it as weird new age bullsh*t - you need to go into it open minded.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

No sleep at all tonight.

ChrisW

Sam that sounds rotten! Like many above, i'm a bad,, but not chronically bad, sleeper, i find about half to two thirds of a bottle of wine helps..

It's not that healthy but at least i sleep from midnight to about 4.00, then doze until 6.00 when i have to get up to cycle in.

I always sleep better on hols with no pressure of work and the knowledge that i can lie in anyway...I suppose i ought to turn my life into one big holiday...not a bad idea.

walker

Fnaar said:
Oh come, come, let's be serious :blush:
I don't have the same as OP to same degree, but generally wake up before the rest of the world, after about 5.5hrs.... have got used to it over the years..

Always works when I can't sleep

Tetedelacourse

Seems as appropriate a time as any to roll this one out:

What's the difference between a light on and a hard on?

You can sleep with a light on.

As far as I know the body's circadian rhythms (ie when you're sleep and awake) are goverend by two hormones: melanin and cortisol (unfortunately I can't remember which is which but I used to know). They're supposed to operate in balance and regulate each other. Perhaps you have an imbalance of these two hormones, in which case you need to see an endocrinologist.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

I went for a hill walking trip with my dad this weekend, and had an (almost) 8 hour sleep after climbing Harrison Stickle. Not sure if that will also happen tonight (although I did walk 8 miles today), but I feel a lot more chilled after my wee trip to rainy Cumbria.

Septictank

Kirstie said:
As far as I know the body's circadian rhythms (ie when you're sleep and awake) are goverend by two hormones: melanin and cortisol (unfortunately I can't remember which is which but I used to know). They're supposed to operate in balance and regulate each other. Perhaps you have an imbalance of these two hormones, in which case you need to see an endocrinologist.

It's melanin. Also try valerian root.

Top Bottom