Why is cycle navigation so complicated?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
The Fosse Way didn't stand out particularly, though.
1665494676077.png
They used up their sign budget about 1.5 miles south of your picture :okay:
1665494472792.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nobody...but then who needs Audax??
:ohmy:

I have only one thing to say, and that is
1E MRB ( SA ) & ¢ under viaduct; L @ T no $ then soon R; Continue SA sewage works on R; R $ LITTLE STINKY

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm not really a fan. Last year I rode the final bit of a Bristol(ish)-Coventry (ish) ride along the Fosse Way. Traffic was a bit busier than I'd like, but not altogether bad. If I'd been in charge of the navigation we'd have gone parallel to the Fosse Way. But I wasn't.

However carrying on North from there in the direction of Leicester it gets a bit nicer.
View attachment 664194

I only did from hinkley to southham section so not that far. Wasn't picturesque but not in pleasant. Exposed but I had a northerly wind pushing me south!

Screenshot_20221011-185520-319.png

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I'm not really a fan. Last year I rode the final bit of a Bristol(ish)-Coventry (ish) ride along the Fosse Way. Traffic was a bit busier than I'd like, but not altogether bad. If I'd been in charge of the navigation we'd have gone parallel to the Fosse Way. But I wasn't.
View attachment 664194

As a local there is barely any part of that road I will ride on. The most will be a few hundred meters trying to cross it. You need all your fingers and toes to count the two wheeled casualties, a lot of whom are motorcyclists.

Top Bottom