Why is there no road section?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think there should be a women's cycling section ;) That said the editorship of Cycling Plus don't seem to realise women ride bikes too
Of course women ride bikes - but they have to be either (a) Pashley types with a small dog in the basket or (b) pink.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Of course women ride bikes - but they have to be either (a) Pashley types with a small dog in the basket or (b) pink.
Or towing a cat in a trailer :girl:

Shaun

Founder
The reason there is no specific "Road Cycling" forum is because it is covered everywhere else ...
  • Road cycling to work is represented by the Commuting forum
  • Road cycling on a long ride out with a specific circuit in mind (but not against the clock per se) is catered for by the Audax forum
  • Road cycling general rides are housed in Road Rides, Audax and Sportives
  • Road cycling against the clock is covered by the Road Race and Time Trial (TT) forum
  • Road cycling for leisure in small groups has the CycleChat and Informal Rides forum
  • Road cycling for charity obviously goes in the Charity Rides forum
  • Road cycling technical questions can be asked in Technical Know How
... and pretty much any other "roadie" specific question can be covered by an existing forum too. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Katherine

Guru
I can understand the question. I would like to ask who else rides on the East Lancs cycle path which is used by families, commuters, organised rides, serious lycra people and more casual riders. I fit into commuting and leisure. So which category do I choose?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can understand the question. I would like to ask who else rides on the East Lancs cycle path which is used by families, commuters, organised rides, serious lycra people and more casual riders. I fit into commuting and leisure. So which category do I choose?
Simply pretend that 'General Cycling Discussions' has been renamed 'Road Cycling' and post in there!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
like others have said: road riding is rather hiding in plain sight. E.g. Pretty much every what bike thread will be a dissection of the most current road bikes at the relevant price point. General area upgrade advice is almost always Tiagra to 105 to Ultegra not Alivio to XT to Deore ( or whichever way it goes) . The other sections mentioned are largely to save their specific features being swamped in the general roadiness of the wider site.

yello

Can we have an 8 speed forum please? ;)

Top Bottom