Why, oh why, oh why, oh why....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

DARTS!

On two bloody channels on the TV last night at the same time!! WTF for, who watches it? Surely there was something else to screen on prime time rainy Sunday night TV?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Cricket ??

peekay76

What it did prove is the that the BDO and the BBC either need to pull their finger out or just give in. I was watching the Grand Slam on ITV and switched to the BBC during the adverts and it was so dull. It just didn't have the same razamataz that the Barry Hearn has brought to the PDC.

ajevans

What you talking 'bout fool!

Darts is great!

Used to love it at Uni, but no longer have a board. (I don't mind wrecking the walls of rented accomodation but not my own walls!)

walker

Although I am a firm beleiver that any sport that does not invovle anything athletic is a sport I do like Darts, especially when its played at the Lakeside as its such a good atmopsphere

llllllll

peekay76 said:
What it did prove is the that the BDO and the BBC either need to pull their finger out or just give in. I was watching the Grand Slam on ITV and switched to the BBC during the adverts and it was so dull. It just didn't have the same razamataz that the Barry Hearn has brought to the PDC.

Funny that, I was thinking almost the exact opposite. The ITV show was filled with ads, as was the stage and they had those awful flashy names-in- lights running around the room. The on screen graphics and the commentry were less informative and the programme had way to much chatting. Too much flashy crap not enough sport. Which pretty much sums up all ITV's sports coverage.
The Beeb put on a much classier show.
Not only that but the crowd was bigger and better behaved (no shouting while the players were throwing) at the BDO competition.

Blue

Legendary Member
I own and use a dart board so I enjoyed the skill on show over the week-end, but agree that it shouldn't be called a sport.

IMO darts is as good as most of the other sh;te that is on the TV.

Top Bottom