Why Scottish Fotball is S**t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i think it's more simple than that, they're just rubbish!

Eoin Rua

PC gone mad...if parents/suits feel the need to wrap kids in cotton wool to such extent, gawd help the youth of tomorrow!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Eoin Rua said:
PC gone mad...if parents/suits feel the need to wrap kids in cotton wool to such extent, gawd help the youth of tomorrow!

Gowd help the average Rangers or Celtic fan anyway, regardless! :ohmy:

At least being from Dumbarton, you know your local team is crap, and what's more, they know it too, so even a total footballphobe like me can still respect them as they can't really take themselves too seriously!

They are rubbish, but they are OUR rubbish! ;)

mangaman

Interesting quote from the Scottish FA bloke

"A spokesman for the Scottish Football Association said: “Our policy for primary schools is a non-competitive one. Years of research has shown that young children’s emotions can be negatively affected by competition.”

When he says "young children's emotions can be negatively affected by competition" what that translates to is young children are upset if they lose in a competitive situation.

The logical response to that self-evident piece of research is to teach children to be "good losers/winners" ie respect your opponent and understand defeat is the innevitable consequence of victory.

It's also a great way of teaching them about how to cope with the unfairness of the adult life that awaits them.

If a young child is emotionally affected by losing a football match, a clever educator would use that as an educational opportunity - to help them cope with much greater losses later in life.

Not ban football

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When I was in the cubs football team, our best match was when we lost 5-2. Hasn't affected me, gibber gibber where's me chainsaw who you lookin' at? :smile:

Apeman

Über Member
My son lives in Edinburgh and is an avid Leeds and England fan. He lives a stones throw from Easter Road and has never went to see Hibs or Hearts play. When asked why not he utters one word---DIRE!!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Apeman said:
My son lives in Edinburgh and is an avid Leeds and England fan. He lives a stones throw from Easter Road and has never went to see Hibs or Hearts play. When asked why not he utters one word---DIRE!!!

Pretentious dire at that.

You might as well go to any school playgroud and watch the little boys play instead.

...Oh wait, that's what they are trying to ban.

Top Bottom