Why they still dope...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
i don't really by the money thing though, most people wouldn't be upset with that level of pay, especially as they won't be paying for food or accomadation alot of the time!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if you take the chap at his word it looks like it's still woven in to the system - in some teams at least. And, I'm afraid to say, ILB, that there are plenty of people on £100,000 who spend a lot of time wanting more and go all out to get it.

theboytaylor

iLB said:
i don't really by the money thing though, most people wouldn't be upset with that level of pay, especially as they won't be paying for food or accomadation alot of the time!

I'll bet there are hundreds (perhaps thousands) of riders under 30 all over Europe who had one or two years in a Pro* team and are now scratching around making a living doing whatever. One year's EUR 100k doesn't go too far if you've nothing to fall back on.

A bespoke doping programme from a bent doctor may cost a lot but it may secure your income for years to come by providing results.

*I mean any level where riders are Professional - not just Pro Tour teams

Tynan

Veteran
not just about money though is it? winning counts too doesn't it? if doping made the difference between not quite and just winning

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
at their level it hasn't suddenly stopped hurting has it, no matter how much they get paid? so they do things to make it easier, they cheat. always have, always will, and so it will continue, imo, until automatic life bans are introduced for dopers or, more realistically, society accepts doping in sport and lets people use the technology to their advantage openly. I prefer the former myself.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
And finally, Landis holds his hands up. Why could he not do this four years ago?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
dan_bo said:
And finally, Landis holds his hands up. Why could he not do this four years ago?

Cos he's a liar and a cheat. In not 'fessing up he was merely acting according to type.

Has he got a book coming out? :tongue:

Top Bottom