Why when there's no wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it always against you? :biggrin:

Beatiful sunny day not a twig stirring and as I set off, I thought, this feels windy. Never mind, if it's a slight breeze it'll be behind me on the way back. Turned around and it wasn't :biggrin:

I also forgot to put my HRM strap on, so I was slightly puzzled to see I had no heartbeat 2 miles into my ride. Then it slowly dawned I had no strap on ;)

And I hope someone moves that decomposing deer out the ditch soon, it stinks xx(

Bigtallfatbloke

..did you forget to offer up gifts to the wind goddess again?;)

Maz

Guru
That 'wind' is called air resistance, isn't it?
even on the calmest of days you'll get it.

Ah, but there is a difference between air resistence and a Cyclo Stealth Wind.

Air resistance is there, just letting you know, in a gentle kind of way, that you are on the move.

A Cyclo Stealth Wind won't move any branches or ruffle any feathers, but the cyclist will experience the energy draining, power sapping effect of riding into a strong headwind. No gear will provide the right cadence to fight the wind, it will either be too hard, or you will have to drop your speed for the nextgear down.

Bad luck crackle.

Blue

Legendary Member
Yeah, I had that problem this morning. I did a 40 miler with a 'headwind' out and back. I like to tell myself that I'm just going so fast that it feels like a headwind as I cut through the air - the avg spd on the computer tells a different tale at journeys end though :biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Ah, but there is a difference between air resistence and a Cyclo Stealth Wind.

Air resistance is there, just letting you know, in a gentle kind of way, that you are on the move.

A Cyclo Stealth Wind won't move any branches or ruffle any feathers, but the cyclist will experience the energy draining, power sapping effect of riding into a strong headwind. No gear will provide the right cadence to fight the wind, it will either be too hard, or you will have to drop your speed for the nextgear down.

Bad luck crackle.

aaah! that's what it's called! i have often wondered why the leaves didn't seem to be blowing. that phrase explains everything.

Top Bottom