Why when you order 2 things online, from the same supplier, one exciting item and one boring item...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Is that some new and innovative meaning of "guaranteed" then?

Agree on the paper. That's another way Amazon is killing forests and why I buy from anyone else if reasonably possible :sad:
I'm with you on Amazon, but recent deliveries from Ikea have been truly shocking in terms of wasted packaging materials...again all on the same order....

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Is that some new and innovative meaning of "guaranteed" then?

Apparently so. Order with a guarantee by tomorrow, then minutes after ordering, your delivery is "updated" to the day after. I've had this a few times now with Prime.

I have no issue with waiting 2 days for insoles for my kid, what I have issue with is the promise in the first place. Don't offer it if it won't happen.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apparently so. Order with a guarantee by tomorrow, then minutes after ordering, your delivery is "updated" to the day after. I've had this a few times now with Prime.

I have no issue with waiting 2 days for insoles for my kid, what I have issue with is the promise in the first place. Don't offer it if it won't happen.
What is the guarantee and how do you claim it?

Smells like a bait-and-switch con.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I ordered an ugly but practical travel umbrella (for winter picnic stops) that I would like for Saturday, then added some unusual brake shoes that I will need in about 3 months and an obscure light bulb I could use today to hit the free delivery value. Anyone want to guess their arrival order? All estimated as Thursday.
I am pleased to confirm that the umbrella for Saturday and the brake shoes for future use arrived today (1 day early), while the immediate-use bike light bulb is delayed as expected!

I've also ordered three bottles of drink to arrive tomorrow. Any bets if they'll turn up in one package? :laugh:

Oh well, it keeps the posties in work!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I am pleased to confirm that the umbrella for Saturday and the brake shoes for future use arrived today (1 day early), while the immediate-use bike light bulb is delayed as expected!

I've also ordered three bottles of drink to arrive tomorrow. Any bets if they'll turn up in one package? :laugh:

My interesting bit has not shown-up on the radar yet....

• Hugs
Reactions: mjr

T4tomo

Guru

Umbrella delivered but no flat cap?? Tsk tsk some people just can't be saved from themselves.....

Top Bottom