Why won't my dishwasher clean porage off a wooden spoon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm not privvy to the contractual obligations between @PeteXXX and his white goods.
My White Goods are silver/grey... 👍🏼

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Anything that removes sycamores from the face of the earth is fine by me... self-seeding weeds, just like rowan saplings!
...and breathe.
Cut my teeth in forestry and used to believe the same. But, the sycamore is a pretty fine tree in lots of respects.
The roots cleverly give off gases to prevent other species growing in its drip line. The timber is the only one you could argue was clean enough for kitchenware, untreated. It's an archaeophyte, so has been around since at least 1500: its non-nativeness is irrelevant now imho. And find a figured sycamore and a veneer manufacturer and you'll be a very rich man.
The sap can be tapped and processed as a tastier alternative to maple syrup - it is delicious, but rather laborious....
The leaf litter of sycamore is far denser than other forest trees, and small mammals thrive in it in autumn.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That's impressive Rondomnerd but still not enough to make me want to plant one or allow one to grow where it's not wanted.

Acer platinoides... when did they start legitimising weeds! :laugh:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Cut my teeth in forestry and used to believe the same. But, the sycamore is a pretty fine tree in lots of respects.
The roots cleverly give off gases to prevent other species growing in its drip line. The timber is the only one you could argue was clean enough for kitchenware, untreated. It's an archaeophyte, so has been around since at least 1500: its non-nativeness is irrelevant now imho. And find a figured sycamore and a veneer manufacturer and you'll be a very rich man.
The sap can be tapped and processed as a tastier alternative to maple syrup - it is delicious, but rather laborious....
The leaf litter of sycamore is far denser than other forest trees, and small mammals thrive in it in autumn.

But not a garden tree.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
That's impressive Rondomnerd but still not enough to make me want to plant one or allow one to grow where it's not wanted.

Platinoides is a norway maple. Pseudoplatanus is the "weed". :okay:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Platinoides is a norway maple. Pseudoplatanus is the "weed". :okay:
Oops, thanks RN, I knew I should've looked it up instead of trying to remember from my days of doing Housing Association landscape layouts from the late 80s [all because Anchor Housing wouldn't pay for the services of a Landscape Architect!]

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

But...but...but...

1594582773815.png

Top Bottom