Why would you narrow the road like this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
ouch

Shaun

Founder
Ouch indeed - hope the rider who hit them was okay?

I wonder why the origaniser narrowed the road with the barriers at that point - it's not like they were keeping any spectators at bay on that side of the road or anything?

zizou

Veteran
looks a sore one!

Perhaps they were using transponders for placing the riders and the line for recording the signal didnt stretch across the whole road - That appened with a race i was in a few weeks ago but we were told before the race it was a narrow finish so knew to expect it. Although in the middle of a sprint at max effort these things can easily be forgotten.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Very unfortunate!

Looks like a US crit, and, if so, rider would have known about the obstacle for at least an hour...very poor riding. He was also sprinting on the hoods...one of lower categories I assume?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
A bit French for the USA, unless it was in Cajun country! :whistle:

Just saw the road sign in English...didn't listen with sound (or read the video title ;)).

oldroadman

Veteran
All a bit sudden, a taper would have helped. Quite why is unclear, but it's incorrect to start blaming when all facts are unknown. Nasty crash though, and if it was a multi-lap race, then I'm surprised that the rider had not seen it and worked out what to do. It did look as if he got stuck in a bad place and could not decide what to do, but didn't look as if there was any chance of pushing back in so close to the line. All very odd.

Top Bottom