Why??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
He bought it new 2 years ago for £1200 and will sell it BIN for £1000. I'm sure he will. The opening bid is £500, I'm sure he'll get that but there are 2 days left to run. Nobody bids on Fleabay these days with any more than 20 minutes to run so I'd say all the interested parties are sitting around hoping nobody else will notice.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Starting bid may be too high to enourage early bidding, I'd agree with Gavintc as to it's value. As for the buy it now you could do better for £1000.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The S22 was the over all winner of a wind tunnel test in C+, so obviously it can't be that bad! (I presume with upgraded bits it'd be pretty decent).
I can't seem to find very much about them other than the usual Bike Radar review, so I don't actually know a great deal about them other than that.

Ok, so for £1000, what should I be looking at then?? - see if I am on the right tracks with what I am currently looking at.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I tried to look it up in the search facility and only 3 results came up. All from me.

How bizarre, it's almost as if it doesn't really exist, which makes me all the more determined to actually get one!! he he!!

g00se

Veteran
Quite often, folks will put silly 'buy it now' prices on as they get fed up with others emailing them asking what would they accept now as they can't wait. A sort of 'if you want it, bid on it'!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Agree with all of above, but I also think that it's a niche product with a small market. On ebay, like any auction, you have to have something that a lot of people want for it to produce a good price.

battered

Guru
Reasonably enough it went in the end for 620. I thought 600-700 was fair so it went at the right price in the end. At 600 I'd have been saying "yes please", 700 less so. Nice bike for not an awful lot of money though, someone should be very happy.

patrick69

Could be he has started the opening bid too high. Maybe with only 5 feedback it's highly suss the bike may be stolen.

He's also about to get that listing pulled if enough people report it for using outside links that lead to buying products off of ebay..

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I looked at the feedback and assumed it was just because he only used ebay every so often (that said, the feedback from the person who is not now registered to ebay could appear slightly dodgy).
As for the Evans link, yes, that's a bit bad! (although £1499, or £620? it's your call).

Anyway, whatever it was, it's over now.

Top Bottom