Whyte Clifton V2.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
I'd imagine when the battery is attached any ebike will withstand a fair amount of rain. My question is more when the ebike is outside for an extended period of time with the battery-less contacts exposed to the weather.

There is no battery-area cover that came with the bike. I'm sure there's a product out there that claims to do this job. I must have a look.

Dadam

You could always wrap and bungee a plastic bag round the battery area :smile:

Have you (or any other e bikers) had experience of your ebike - without battery - getting a good old soaking?

As with my other bikes, I aim to use the Clifton in all weathers, for example it's 1st ride last weekend was a showery afternoon with alot of lying water on the roads. My concern however is that on occasions say that I go for a part-commute or a weekend away, I hope to attach the Clifton to my roof rack as normal but in order to save on weight on the roof and to protect a little against opportunist theft, I'd planned to remove the battery during my journeys to and from destinations. Often on these journeys, my bikes get soaked, which isn't really an issue for my road bike, tandem or standard Whyte hybrid - could this be a problem for the ebike though? What have your experiences been?

I've had some wet rides on mine - Raleigh Motus Tour - and had no problems. I have taped over the frame charger port though as if only had a loose ish rubber cover and I always remove the battery to charge it.

Top Bottom