Whyte Portobello plus 2019, performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hatters23

Regular
Hi guys, looking 4 a new set of wheels. Love the look of this model. Is there a drastic change in performance with the different size in wheels on roads and tarmac?

If so would probably look at a different model from there range of bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you have a link, what’s different about the wheels?

vickster

Legendary Member
Where are you going to be riding? On or off road for example?
if only road, I’d get the bigger wheels, much more choice of fast slick road tyres, 650 seems more of an off road size?

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hatters23

Regular
Mainly roads but I have a few dirt paths I can cycle on as well. Usually average between 10-15 miles.
Eltonfrog have u any experience with 650b wheels? If so is there much difference in speed etc....

vickster

Legendary Member
Mainly roads but I have a few dirt paths I can cycle on as well. Usually average between 10-15 miles.
Eltonfrog have u any experience with 650b wheels? If so is there much difference in speed etc....
Speed is influenced by rider, surface, traffic etc. Never heard of wheel size playing a role

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Buy it. Lots of people are realising that a good tyre's a good tyre - and if it's a bit chuffy, it can also be a comfy as well as fast one :smile:

OP
OP
H

Hatters23

Regular
IMG_20200430_190511.jpg

New bike got delivered and this come with it. Could anyone give me more information by any chance?

vickster

Legendary Member
As above, look after it. I managed to lose a bit of it in my bike bag (although you can buy new ones from Whyte)

Top Bottom