Whyte Shoreditch Vs Stirling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Stirling has a double chainset while the Shoreditch is single. Depends whether you need/want all the gears (hilly where you are?). The frameset is identical other than the colour (the Shoreditch is much nicer to my eyes on that score)

The Stirling has better and lighter components but the overall weight difference is a Kg or less

Try them both out and see if the difference is worth it to you personally :smile:

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Is a shame they don't make the Montpellier anymore. It's full Carbon, double chainring and good components. Little pluses were the inclusion of Ergon GP1 grips. I have the 2014 model and it's the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden and I also have a full carbon 2017 Specialized Roubaix SL4.

I'd go for the Stirling.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's also a shame that they don't make the Cambridge now which was an excellent option in between!

Wasn't the Montpellier £1500 which is quite a hike from the 1k Stirling!

OP
OP
Kevan321

Kevan321

Yep and I'd happily pay it again if I could to replace mine when the time comes. :okay:

Thanks for your responses, I'm definitely leaning towards the Stirling. I'm in Glasgow so it's pretty hilly around here.

The next issue is that they don't seem to know what this year's model is going to cost and I need that for my C2W Voucher as your can no longer top up!

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for your responses, I'm definitely leaning towards the Stirling. I'm in Glasgow so it's pretty hilly around here.

The next issue is that they don't seem to know what this year's model is going to cost and I need that for my C2W Voucher as your can no longer top up!
Take more, you can use the rest for kit, equipment, lights etc

Sixmile

Veteran
I wasn't aware of the Shoreditch model until now, my dilemma was more the Stirling or the Portobello. I am leaning toward the latter as it'll be my regular winter commuter so I fancy the wider tyres and the lack of a front derailleur, which I replaced twice on my previous 3x10 winter bike. The Shoreditch has an RRP of £699 on the Whyte site, Portobello £799 and Stirling £999.

Top Bottom