Wi Fi in the boozer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I saw a blackboard outside a pub today as I rode past...usually it has a football game on or something...but this one was advertizing free wi fi. What is the world coming to? :biggrin:

I suppose it could have some + points though:

E mail the bar for your drinks order in advance
E mail the birds in the corner table a picture of your knob
You could play the fruit machine on line and not have to waste energy standing up
You could hold a conversation with a mate in another pub via MSN

Keith Oates

Janner
It's very common in this part of the world and very popular, I for one use it on occassions and find it useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Whilst I've not used wifi in a pub, I have in a cafe and it is useful. I don't think I'd be getting the laptop out in a full Friday evening boozer though... for fear of having the piss rightly taken out of me!

tdr1nka said:
You can have a Wii in the boozer, but toilets are for customers only! :biggrin:

Actually very useful.

I am in a difficult stage at work and took a week off to cycle tour. However with a couple of HR issues, two staff leaving and requiring references, plus an academic course I still needed to do some work in the evenings (and claim it back).

I tour with a small 7" PC.

So I can sit and have a quiet meal, catch up on what I need to do and still have a break.

Not ideal, but bearable, and better than not taking leave at all.

Brains

Legendary Member
Within a very short time a pub without wifi will be like a pub without electricity.

I'm not saying you can't have one, but it would be difficult to run

Have you ever considered how the stock control works on the tills ?
or the the paying of bills by credit card
or even the music in the juke box

yep - all wifi

It's also cheaper!

If I look for local info on my phone - it costs!

With free WiFi, I use my present Broadband tariff, no limits, no second fees etc.

I can use either my Laptop or PDA.

Also when touring it is possible to research bikeshops, pubs, cafes etc and local interest.... I wouldn't be without it.

Top Bottom