wi fi problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

Hi,

my wi fi has worked perfectly for a couple of years but in the last month or so has started to drop out every so often.

I dont think its a problem with the router as the computer is seeing it and says strength is excellent.

If i leave it for 5 minutes or so it tends to have reconnected. Any ideas?

andy

DaveyB1981

Sounds more like your ISP to me matey! Unfortunately though, especially if you are with BT, they will blame everything else before looking at whether they are at fault. Do you have any other equipment you can try before contacting them?

Dave

Can you access any router logs. This might give some clue as to what is happening. It might shoe if the ADSL line is dropping out and then resyncing.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Our BT Homehub started doing this so we complained and they sent us a new one of a later generation. They told us to throw the old one in the bin.

ACW

Have you purchased/turned on any new/old electrical items?

i put some lights on a timer to come on at 7 and when they went on the internet dropped out,

have a look at the instructions on this site http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

removing the bell ring wire might helps as you dont need it any more and it acts like an antenna for any interference in the area, it could be a neighbour that has the source of interferance.

another trick is to connect your router to the master socket and have only a dect phone atached at the same point, gets rid of lots of nasty house phone wiring that acts as a source of interferance to the adsl signal.

good luck

Top Bottom