Wicker baskets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Romulus

Greetings.

I'm looking for recommendations for anywhere selling good quality wicker baskets on behalf of my wife. She has a dutch bike, but needs some storage space. Those lot actually sell baskets on their 'accessories' page but if there's a place widely regarded as making really good quality ones I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Cheers.

RAYMOND

Seen one in asda,no idea of quality but it wouldn't be expensive.

Luckily the fashion for "girly bikes" has meant a rise in wicker baskets.

What you will need to do first is to decide how to fit it, will it be removed for shopping or when parked, or permanett.

One that fits by straps will be slow to remove, one that fits with hooks or a "Klick-fix" will remove quickly.

Then of course there is size....

Your best bet is to take wife and bike to the local bike shop(s) and see what she likes

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
One consideration to factor in is how much the basket protrudes above the bars. A high basket could impede a bar mount light & I find my wife's (EBC Revo' Heritage) one impedes my view immediately in front of the wheel in a way lower baskets dont.

wintergreen

Further to the post above. As well as the problem with lights, you will need to check the clearance of the front wheel, some baskets are quite deep and if your handlebars are not high enough the basket may hit the front wheel. I bought a Rixen Kaul doggy bag for the front of my Dawes Galaxy which has a tall head tube and with the handlebars set quite high the bottom of the basket does rub against the front mudguard when I go over bumps.

Sara_H

Guru
Lots of good advice here. I have a wald metal basket, it firs onto the handlebars and has support struts so it can take a bit more weight than one that just fits to the handlebars.

null_zpsfc98d18f.png

Top Bottom