Wife Pleads For Mercy For Husbands Killer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Every time I read of another crash or death because of drunk driving, it makes me angry, but I've also thought about alcoholics and what a huge problem they have. I tried to talk a friend into going to AA and he said he will if I'll go, too, so I went and he didn't show up. I was welcomed to the meeting and allowed to stay. During that meeting I listened to each member saying their name and how long it's been since they last took a drink. One man was a retired cop and he said it had been twenty years since his last drink. That made me think he must be cured so why is he still going to AA meetings? Evidently, it's something that may never be cured but they still have to live with the problem. Perhaps they feel that one drink won't hurt, so they drink, go out and drive, and an innocent victim dies. I feel no sympathy for the drunk driver who hurts someone, even though they can't help their alcohol problem.

The alcoholism I understand, I could probably talk about that all day long. Its the other bit that gets me.

Either way, yours is a tough story, so take care.

Top Bottom