Wife's gone all "Retro" on me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I've never understood the prejudice against suicide levers. I had them on a Raliegh Sprint. I really liked them. Found they worked well in traffic and they stopped or slowed me down fine on downhills. I think you have to have the brakes set up well and use good pads. Otherwise ,IMO ,no problems.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I've never understood the prejudice against suicide levers. I had them on a Raliegh Sprint. I really liked them. Found they worked well in traffic and they stopped or slowed me down fine on downhills. I think you have to have the brakes set up well and use good pads. Otherwise ,IMO ,no problems.

+1. Those rims look shiny though are they chromed steel? If yes they are a liability and you do need to check, double check and triple check that the brakes are effective, especially in the wet.

OP
OP
simon the viking
+1. Those rims look shiny though are they chromed steel? If yes they are a liability and you do need to check, double check and triple check that the brakes are effective, especially in the wet.
They are chrome, I'm going to change the pads but I've warned the Mrs about using them in the wet

OP
OP
simon the viking
Things move fast (and not just her new bike) I was going to post a link a link in auctions to ebay for her Raleigh Caprice "Dorothy" but Mrs V put a buy it now price and it was snapped up within 20 minutes......

Before she listed it I did try to explain the N+1 and best bike/winter bike concepts to her but she couldn't grasp them (something about only having one bottom so why would she need 2 bikes:headshake: )... Not sure that bodes well for me.....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Before she listed it I did try to explain the N+1 and best bike/winter bike concepts to her but she couldn't grasp them (something about only having one bottom so why would she need 2 bikes:headshake: )... Not sure that bodes well for me.....
You will have to find a second bottom from somewhere.... ?

Top Bottom