Wifey groin pain advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs B had a varicose vein op a while back and they wen basically groin-to-ankle doing small incisions on her leg to get at it. Ever since, if she rides her bike (Raleigh Pioneer), she feels a sharp pain at the top of her left leg in the groin area. She wants to cycle more but this stops her.
My take is cycle more, more often and you'll strengthen the area which will enable you to cycle more etc. Has anyone any experience of this and, if so, do you have any advice? We live in the Fens so she manages OK with only having a mid & large size front chain ring. I had considered fitting a three-ring crank set, front mech & changer so she'd have the option of granny gears, so I think I'll have to give this some more thought.
Any other advice welcomed though :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
Consult GP, I know they can be useless at times but I would exhaust that avenue first before any others to consider.

There could be loads of causes of that. I'd consult a GP and then a physio to eliminate the possible explanations. Maybe also consider a podiatrist and getting a proper bike fitting? I get a tight hip flexor on one side which equates to groin pain, for example, and its down to stretching properly and whether I have been wearing my orthotic insoles...

Top Bottom