Wiggins being ignored?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Okay, he only won two gold medals, and he ain't as hot as pendleton... Is it just me, or is he getting way less of the limelight than he deserves? I mean, yes, he and Cavendish didn't win the Madison, but Wiggins performed marvellously to return with two gold medals, and it seems like the media have forgotten who he is.

Whats up with that?

Jaded

You can only have so many heroes.

AcademicX

I suspect it is more to do with Wiggins than the media ignoring him. In previous interviews he has alluded to the negative effect the media scrum had on him after the Athens Olympics so he's probably just keeping his head down (and spending some time with his family, etc.).

Anyway, he has been in the news..................click here !!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He also did make it very clear before the Games that he would not be happy with any less than three golds. He might not want to have to answer questions about this...

girofan

Also he came back from the Olympics alone and not with the whole British contingent yesterday. Which means he missed the triumphalist press conference after returning. He probably suspects that the next time he gets a headline the media will be carping and criticising!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Believe it or not, they actually had an interview with Wiggins on GMTV this morning! I only caught the end of it. He seemed fairly relaxed although a couple of the questions were predictably silly. He reckoned that he has a couple more Olympics left in him and his next target is to overtake Steven Redgrave's gold medal haul.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Its difficult to fit in his Coronation Street schedule. He is looking forward to learning his lines and getting back on the set.

Rob S

They interviewed him on stage at that party thing outside Buckingham Palace along with the long jumper dude....and Michael Phelps appeared shortly after.

I'm sure we'll see even more of him in the papers and telly in the weeks to come.

Rebecca Addlington - 2 Gold Medals, Young, Pretty Female Blond
Bradley Wiggins - 2 Gold medals NOT Pretty Female Blond

Bugger all to do with the medals!

Rob S

I've seen more of Bradley than the skulling guys.

We have 19 gold medalists and they've been back a day so stop going on about it all being unfair and sexist etc

If it was about prettiness then the whole coverage would by about Victoria, the Yingling girls and the 'I'M SO ****ING HAPPY' windsurfer girl.

Renard

Victoria was on BBC Breakfast TV this morning. When asked what her thoughts were on the starting line she said she couldn't repeat it on tv but it was along the lines of "I'm going to beat these ladies" :rofl:

Greedo

1. I think it's the fact that he's a pro and the others aren't.
2. He was always farting about before being interviewed getting his sponsors glasses on when others were just over the moon that they've achieved a lifetime ambition
3. He was born in Belgium and most journos probably don't see him as 100% british
4. He is a bit of a dick really if we're being honest

Top Bottom